Criminal Law (Amendment) Act,2013
Short title and commencement.
- This Act may be called the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013.
- It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 3rd day of February, 2013.
Substitution of new sections for section 42.
29. For section 42 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, the following sections shall be substituted, namely:-
“42. Where an act or omission constitutes an offence punishable under this Act and also under sections 166A, 354A, 354B, 354C, 3540, 370, 370A, 375, 376, 376A, 376C, 3760, 376E or section 509 of the Indian Penal Code, then, notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force, the offender found guilty of such offence shall be liable to punishment under this Act or under the Indian Penal Code as provides for punishment which is greater in degree.
ACI not in derogation of any other law.
42A. The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the provisions of any other law for the time being in force and, in case of any inconsistency, the provisions of this Act shall have overriding effect on the provisions of any such law to the extent of the inconsistency.”.
30. Repeal and savings.
- The Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance, 2013 is here by repealed.
- Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the Indian Penal Code, the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 and the Indian Evidence Act, 1872, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of those Acts, as amended by this Act.
In the Readjustment of Representation of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Ordinance, 20.\3 (Ord. 2 of2013) as published in Gazelle of India, Extraordinary, Part II; Section I; dated the 30th January, 2013 (Issue No. 7):-
- At page I, in the long title,[or “the inclusion”, read “inclusion”.
- 2 At page 2, in line 9,[or “Scheduled”, read “Scheduled”.
- At page 3,-
- in line 31,[or “dissolution”, read “dissolution”;
- in line 37,for “omission”, read” omission”;
iii. in line 40,[or “expedient”, read “expedient”.
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance, 2013 (Ord. 3 of20 13) as published in the Gazelle of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section I, dated the3rd February, 2013 (Issue No. 8):-
- At page 11, in line 30, for “proviso”, read “provisos”.
- At page 15, in column 3 against section 354C, in line 38, for “year”, read “years”.
- At page 16, in line I, for “sections”, read “section”.