He allegedly carried out unauthorised construction and dumped debris in Mangrove buffer zone.
Today a FIR was loged against Comedian Kapil Sharma under Environment Protection Act and MRTP act for allegedly destroying Mangroves in Versova Area of Mumbai.
Kapil has been booked for dumping the construction debris near Mangroves behind his bungalow in suburban Versova apart from undertaking illegal construction near it.
Earlier, he was accused of adding illegal storeys to his Andheri bungalow and destroying mangroves.
The FIR which has been lodged today at the Versova police station is under the Environment Protect Act, 1986, Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning Act, 1966, and the Indian Penal Code.
Sharma had tweeted that a bribe of Rs 5,00,000 was being demanded from him which created a lot of heat.
Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corporation had in July served Kapil Sharma a stop-work notice for carrying on illegal works, making unauthorised horizontal extension to the existing ground-plus one floor in his bungalow.
It is said that the bungalow is right next to mangroves, falls within the 50-metre mangroves buffer zone. In this area no-development work can be carried out being the coastal regulation zone.
The offences he has been booked under are congnisable offences under the Environment Protection Act, punishable with imprisonment of up to five years.
Read Laws @ LatestLaws.com-
- Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act,1981
- Compilation of all Pollution Control Laws
- Environment (Protection) Act,1986
- Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules,1998
- Municipal Solid Wastes (Management and Handling) Rules,2000
- Forest Conservation Act,1980
- Forest (Conservation) Rules,2003
- Indian Forest Act,1927
- National Environment Appellate Authority Act,1997
- National Environment Tribunal Act,1995
- National Green Tribunal Act,2010
- Poisons Act,1919
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act,1974
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Cess Act,1977
- Wild Life (Protection) Act,1972
- Wild Life (Protection) Amendment Act,2006
- Wildlife (Protection) Rules,1995