He has more than 45 Years standing at Bar, since 1971 and is currently Governor of Bihar.
1. RN Kovind was born 1st October 1945 at Kanpur Dehat in UP.
2. He has a Bachelor’s degrees in Commerce & Law both from the Kanpur University.
3. The Dalit leader became a Rajya Sabha MP in April 1994 from UP & served for 2 consecutive terms for twelve years until March 2006.
4. Ram Nath Kovind is an advocate by profession. He was a central govt. advocate in the Delhi HC from 1977 to 1979 & Central Govt. Standing Counsel in the SC from 1980 to 1993. He became the Advocate-on-Record of the Apex Court in 1978. He practiced in the Delhi HC and the Apex Court for about 16 years till 1993. He enrolled as an Advocate in 1971 with the Bar Council of Delhi.
5. Advocate Kovind has served as member on numerous important Parliamentary Committees. These include: Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs, Parliamentary Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, Parliamentary Committee on Petroleum & Natural Gas, Parliamentary Committee on Law and Justice, Parliamentary Committee on Social Justice & Empowerment. He has also chaired the Rajya Sabha House Committee.
6. The Bihar governor is a former president of BJP Dalit Morcha (1998-2002) & President of All-India Koli Samaj. He has also served as a national spokesperson of the political party.
7. Ram Nath Kovind has served as a board member at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University in Lucknow & the Indian Institute of Management(IIM), Kolkata.
8. He has not only represented India in the United Nations but also addressed the United Nations General Assembly in 2002.
9. R. N. Kovind is married & has a daughter & a son.
10. On 8th August 2015, Ram Nath Kovind was appointed Governor of Bihar.